Episode 38: The Indian Tech Ecosystem & FJ Labs’ Thesis in the region
This week we are covering the state of the Indian tech ecosystem. We are joined by Luke Skertich, senior associate at FJ Labs, who is leading the charge with our Indian investments.
In this episode, we cover:
- The history of India’s tech ecosystem and the recent explosion in unicorns
- Why we are short term pessimistic, but medium and long term super bullish
- Supply chains are moving to India
- The government is investing aggressively
- UPI is revolutionizing payments
- GDP per capita is growing
- Tech talent is on the rise
- Why we are focusing on Picks and Shovels, Financial Infrastructure, and B2B Marketplaces
You can listen to the full episode in the embedded podcast player.
In addition to the above Youtube video and embedded podcast player, you can also listen to the podcast on: